It has been long time i’m not update my blog. Today i’m going to write guide how to install retail Snow Leopard copy to Dell 1525 using usb either external hard drive or flash drive .. for DVD installation it can be found at macyourpc. Thanks to macyour pc for the helful guide, but i’m prefer to install using usb method more faster and easier to inject anything that i want to. Boot 132 also no longer needed. i’m just use chameleon boot loader to make Snow Leopard readable by dell 1525. On this guide also u can install on either MBR partition or GUID partition. No worried to lost any data on my previous MBR partition for example 1. Macintosh HD(System) 2. Data (i want keep this whole data). This method only worked on Retail 10A432 version. havent tried to other version. oke guys lets started.
1. USB Flash Drive (8GB above) or external drive and Mac Computer or Hackintosh also considerable and your toy Dell 1525.
2. Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10A432) 10.6 Retail. u can buy from apple store or u can get here for PLAYING PURPOSE. a lot stuff there.
3. Download this Dell 1525 Snow Essential. Place to your mac desktop. What inside?
U must did this step on Mac Computer or Hackintosh.
1. Restore installer to USB flash drive. If u dont know how to restore u can refer my previous post. carbon cloner also recommended to clone the installer, its free. Name it your USB flash drive as Snow.
2. Open Dell 1525 Snow Essential. Inject Chameleon 2 RC3 bootloader by installing to USB Drive Snow.
3. Copy All files under folder “Boot/Extra” to Folder Extra on USB Drive Snow.
To make installer recognized the MBR partition, we have to replace original OSinstall file with cracked version.
1. Open terminal type “sudo su” and insert password. copy following to terminal and press enter. It will show all hidden files on your mac.
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
2. Replace “OSInstall” file on USB Snow. read instruction inside OSInstall folder.
3. Copy “boot” file inside Boot folder and replace to USB Drive Snow directory. “boot” file inside USB Snow is hidden. u cant just replace the files by drag and drop. the simple trick without using terminal is
- Move to Trash “boot” file inside USB drive snow directory.
- Drag “boot” file inside boot folder Dell 1525 Snow Essential to USB drive Snow directory
Thats it. Now your hacked version snow leopard is ready.
Installation on Dell 1525
1. Boot press F2. Disable all boot sequence. save and exit.
2. Boot press F12 and select USB Flash drive and press enter. Chameleon bootloader will come up. Select USB Snow type -v -x and enter. This -x(safe mode) flag is important. i had failed many times to load the installation screen only because without -x🙂.
3. Once your installation screen appear. do as usual. go disk utility to format partition to Mac OS Extended Journal and name it as u like. Close and Next
4. select your partition to install. this time if u are using MBR partition u are lucky no alert error will appear anymore. click customize if u want to save space, otherwise just click install. it will takes around 15minutes. after finish installation
5. restart. press F12 and once again select USB partition and chameleon shown up. Select partition installed OSX. type -v -x. after booted up Setup your information data.
Inject all post install files to your Dellintosh. I’m not going to write this step. for the instruction follow guide from macyourpc.
This guide i’ve made for those even only has 8GB SSD stock. i tried to simplified the guide to make easier for newbie to get Mac OS X Retail running on 8GB SSD Stock. The guide also applicable for SSD more than 8GB Stock.
1. USB Flash Drive (8GB above) and Mac Computer or Hackintosh also considerable.
2. Mac OS X 10.5.6 Installer RETAIL not preload that comes with mac computer. u can get here for TESTING PURPOSE.
3. Download Dell Mini Essential. Place to desktop.
4. Download incremental MacOSXupdate 10.5.7 from apple site. This optional but recommended to stay uptodate.
1. Format USB Flash Drive to Macintosh Extended Journal using Disk Utility on Mac Computer or Hackintosh. Name it OSXDVD.
2. Restore Mac OS X Retail 10.5.6 installer to USB Flash Drive. Drag disk image Mac OS X Install DVD to Source and OSXDVD as destination. Refer snapshot below.
Click Restore. It takes around 20 Minutes depend on read write speed USB Flash Drive.
3. open Dell_Mini_Essential.dmg and place OSinstall.mpkg to desktop Open terminal.type
sudo cp /Users/YOURMACCOMPUTERNAME/Desktop/OSinstall.mpkg /Volumes/OSXDVD/System/Installation/Packages
or the simplest way u can copy above code to terminal. remember!! replace YOURMACCOMPUTERNAME . and press ENTER.
Note: U can skip this if u have more than 8GB SSD space. (Recommend for 8GB SSD)
4. Install DellEFIBootMaker0.3.2 (512MB, 1GB) or DellEFIBootMaker0.3.3 (2GB) depend on your RAM installed. It will install to USB flash drive OSXDVD.
5. Copy DellEFI1.2a5 to USB Flash Drive
1. boot up your dell mini press 2. Disable and Enable these following on bios.
- USB BIOS Legacy Support (Enabled)
- Bluetooh (Disabled)
- also hard drive boot (Disable) SHIFT+F1
save setting and exit. boot press 0. select USB Flash Drive. ENTER.. wait till installation screen appear.
2. Open Disk utility select Your SSD Drive. Select 1 Partition and click option. Select GUID. format SSD to Macintosh Extended Journal and name it OSXMINI9 (All caps). and click partition. close and next.
3. Select OSXMINI9 Drive and click customize. Expand Essential System. u wont see name of the packages. Deselect following packages according to size of package
- DVDPlayer – 47.3 MB (Removable)
- AdditionalSpeechVoices – 697 MB (Removable)
- OxfordDictionaries – 129 MB (Removable)
There will saved space 1.5GB of 6GB Essential System. also deselect Language Translations, Additional Fonts, and Printer Drivers to save disk space and click install.
Note: Above step is optional. You can leave untouch Essential System if u have SSD Space more than 8GB.
Installation will takes around 20 minutes. at the end of Installation might be said failed!.
4. go terminal type “postinstall” no quotes. close terminal and restart.
5. Press 2. Disable USB Legacy. enable boot internal hard drive. (SHIFT+F1). Save and exit. Unplug USB Flash Drive.
6. Boot up and type”-f” no quotes. it will force all needed extension to load. U will see Video launching. and setup your information.
1. Install DellEFI1.2a5 only select these following setting
- Reinstall Chameleon 2.0RC1-r431 Bootloader
- Install Dell Mini 9 Extensions
- Hide DellEFI files
- Generate a system specific dsdt.aml file
- Restore the 10.5.5 keyboard pref pane
- Disable Hibernate and remove sleep file (recommended)
Upgrade to 10.5.7
1. Install MacOSXupdate 10.5.7. Reboot. Boot and type “-x” . No quotes. You will running osx on safe mode.
2. Run DellEFI1.2a5. only select these
- Reinstall Chameleon 2.0RC1-r431 Bootloader
- Reinstall Dell Mini 9 Extensions
- Hide DellEFI files
- Generate a system specific dsdt.aml file
3. Reboot. now it should works like the real mac. Congratulations!!
If u ever had welcome screen loops after succes installation hackintosh. U should try this.
Boot with “-s” no quotes
type “/sbin/fsck -fy” and then press enter
type “/sbin/mount -uw /” and then press enter
type “passwd root ##” and press enter
you will know be prompted to put in your password twice. Do so and press enter.
type “touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone and press enter
type “exit” and press enter. you will now be booted into Leopard.
Remember!! no quotes.
Here alternative guide for installing Mac OS x on dell 1525. Check out my previous posted i had posted how to install ideneb to dell 1525. iPC distro is closely to the real Hackintosh compare to ideneb version. with chameleon bootloader support (fake boot mac on pc) and no more sleep trick to get screen display working on gma x3100 Graphics. For the performance results i think iPC fast a bit on bouncing time to open Adobe application such as photoshop, illustrator, indesign. Haha… ok lets we started.
Prepare these following item to get installation run smoothly.
- Go get iPC 105.6 PFF 6 on torrent or whatever or simply can be found here. Burn iso with slower speed.
- Download Driver Dell 1525 updated version here (Updated 27 May 2009) and save to flash usb drive.
- Download Mac OS X Update 10.5.7 on apple site or download here. save to flash usb drive as well.
- As usual boot from DVD and press F8, type -v. lets messy text appear to see the code running.
- Open Disk Utility and format your drive to Macintosh Extended Jounal and name it for example Macintosh HD. Erase and next
- View option Customize and select only this package
- Install and Restart. Remove CD
- boot hard drive. your screen will blank after apple logo dissappear. dont panic take a breathe for 1 minute🙂
- unplug your power cable. close lid screen. wait until hard drive idle (mean no fast blinking). then open back lid screen. your screen desktop will appear. dont waste your time. setup your information.
- Drag copy dell driver and 10.5.7 updates on your flash usb to desktop.
- open sleep trick folder / dsdt.aml drag to Macintosh HD. this fix display blank on gma x3100. no close lid if screen blank anymore.
- Install chameleon for fake boot interface. Restart.
- Install 10.5.7 updates on your desktop. open disk utility and repair permission. Restart.
- Install other kext and package inside dell driver pack.
- install Wifi broadcom package
- install Power Management
- Audio. Drag 1525_Codec to AppleHDAPatcher_v1.16
- Install samba. if you want to sharing with windows file.
- Install SD Card Reader using kext helper.
- Open disk utility. Repair disk permission. Restart.
- Ok thats it. i will update video installation soon. Happy enjoying your hackintosh.
If you are Streamyx subscriber absolutely u feel pain if u cant get your dream speed as u pay even u are the good pay master. Streamyx always caps your bandwith upload and download if u are using Peer to peer sharing like kazaa, limewire and direct download rapidshare, megaupload and so on. Recently i noticed download and upload speed is very sloooow not only for the heavy download activity even the simple site like youtube, maybank2u also got the same problem.
The solution that i found that maybe can help for those got same problem is using ip proxy. After researching many forum and blog sites i only got these following 2 proxy that still working on streamyx
The downside of this ip proxy is only boost for the certain websites. sometimes i got this following error
The following error occurred:
An internal error prevented the object from being sent to the client and cached. Try again later.
Please contact the administrator.
But its better than to do nothing right. How to using this proxy? u can found here🙂
u can share on comment if u got only new working list.
UPDATES IP 24.02.2009
- 126.96.36.199:3128 Good
- 188.8.131.52:808 Average
- 184.108.40.206:3128 Super
- 220.127.116.11:8080 Super
Sources forum lowyat
Sometimes when we trying to trash files its won’t empty here i got few method to solve this problem.
1. Using terminal
rm -rf ~/.Trash/*
2. The simple method with hold down Option key + right click Empty Trash
3. install Empty Trash utility and run.
- Selective Empty Trash only empty selected drive
- Locker This will help lock and unlock files and folders when empty trash ask permission.
- BatChmod is a Cocoa utility for manipulating file and folder privileges in Mac OS X (10.5 recommended). It allows the manipulation of ownership as well as the privileges associated to the Owner, Group or others.
i have tried to convert my prison break from .avi to mp4 i got this problem. when start button pressed it said starting….. as usual to convert movie around 45 minutes it will takes 5 minutes, but i only got few seconds and it said done. This problem only occur on my certain file. After checking the file it seems codec xvid problem. whole day i tried googling find the solution and many ways i found to solve this problem like using ffmpeg, handbrake, and the simplest solutions is
- Save .avi to mov using Quicktimes Pro. the size will be bigger, but does not affected my drive.
- Convert .mov to mp4 using VisualHub.
Hope this help for someone that tried very hard to find the solution.